Saturday, October 1, 2011

Must-Haves

My healthy eating must-haves are as follows:

1) Chobani 0% Plain Greek Yogurt: Its awesome and extremely versatile and delicious in a million ways. It has over twice the protein of regular yogurt, less sugar, and more fiber. Did I mention its awesome? I eat it by itself or with cereal or mix in sugar free jello powder or freeze it or use it to make taziki sauce or as a sour cream /mayo substitute in recipes or as a....... SEE? the possibilities are endless. Its the perfect dairy product.

2) Oatmeal: I like to throw in blueberries, cinnamon, and 3/4 of a Truvia packet as I cook it. Whole grain? Check. Protein? Check. Fiber? Check.

3) Tomatoes: I eat these like they are going out of style.

4) Flax seeds: I usually just toss them in to whatever dinner entree I am making or sprinkle some on my sandwich. I just put them into my Greek burgers today, though I thought the texture was a little weird for a burger. But who can say no to the highest plant source of Omega 3 fatty acids?? not to mention the phytochemicals and B vitamins and.... really!! I could keep going.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well your nieces share your healthy eating habits. Usually for breakfast they eat oatmeal with greek yogurt and a dollop of spreadable fruit (ie jam without sugar added) mixed in. They heart it!

Jen Harmon said...

spreadable fruit on oatmeal... that sounds good, actually.